Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meet Featured Artist Gerald Heins of Wood Creations by Jerry!

What is your business’ name?  Wood Creations by Jerry and I’m Gerald Heins!

What sort of items do you make? Woods bowls, trinket boxes, bud vases, cutting boards, earring trees, and candle holders.

When and how did you learn your craft? I started turning bowls during the summer of 2009.  I am self-taught on the wood lathe.

Where do you get your inspiration from? After retiring from Green Bay Packaging in 2006, I needed a hobby and was always interested in wood creations.  As I start the turning process, the grain of the wood helps me decide what the outcome will be.

How did you get started doing this as a business? My wife inspired me to take my crafts to a show.  Interest was very high in my items and I decided to continue selling my product.

Do you have any advice for other crafters/artisans just starting out? Have fun and don’t give up when you get frustrated.


Anything else you would like to share? I really enjoy all the people I meet through the different shows I attend but especially at First Friday.

Wood Creations by Jerry  will be a featured artist at the First Friday Indie Market on September 5, 2014.  The market is located on the corner of MLK and Elm St in Downtown Greensboro, NC and is open from 4-9 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment