Thursday, September 25, 2014

Meet Featured Artist Marianne Donohue of Needle & Thread!

What is your business’ name? Needle & Thread and I’m Marianne Donohue!

What sort of items do you make? I make custom hand-quilted quilts and decorative/whimsical pillows.

When and how did you learn your craft? I learned to sew as a child from my Mom.  She could make anything.

Where do you get your inspiration from? I get inspiration from everything I see.

How did you get started doing this as a business? I started giving handmade items as gifts and people started to ask for custom items.  I officially started as a business about 5 years ago.


Do you have any advice for other crafters/artisans just starting out? Make sure you still enjoy your craft once you turn it into a business.  If you aren't having fun, it isn't worth your time and effort.


Anything else you would like to share? I enjoy going to festivals and craft fairs and meeting people.  I love to see the look on a person's face when they see my items and they fall in love.

Needle & Thread  will be a featured artist at the First Friday Indie Market on October 3, 2014. The market is located on the corner of MLK and Elm St in Downtown Greensboro, NC and is open from 4-9 pm.

To find out more about Needle & Thread:


No comments:

Post a Comment