Thursday, March 20, 2014

Meet Feature Artist Rachel Bachman of Candle-loupe!

What is your business name?  Candle-loupe and I am Rachel Bachman!

What sort of items do you make? I make all natural, soy wax candles.  I use fragrances oil infused with essential oils, 100% cotton wicks and purchase my supplies from North Carolina companies. I like to choose fragrances that are unusual and still amazing. 

When and how did you learn your craft? I learned how to makes candles a little under three years ago.  I started by experimenting with fragrance and color combinations, and got a good base line of fragrances.  I still love experimenting with new fragrances to have some variety.

Where do you get your inspiration from? I get my inspiration from the seasons.  I like to introduce new fragrances each season and see the reactions from my customers.  I also love to create custom candles based on what ideas my customers have.

How did you get started doing this as a business? I started making candles for presents for Christmas three years ago, and with the support and input from my friends and family I have evolved into this business.

Do you have any advice for other crafters/artisans just starting out?   My advice to any crafters/artisans out there would be to follow your dreams.  Dont be scared to try something new; and share your craft with your friends and family, they are the biggest blessing in starting your own business.

Candle-loupe will be a featured artist at the First Friday Indie Market on April 4, 2014.  The market is located on the corner of MKL and Elm St in Downtown Greensboro, NC and is open from 4-9pm.


Want to see more of Candle-loupe?  Check out Rachel's website: www.etsy.com/shop/candleloupe

No comments:

Post a Comment