Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Meet Featured Artist Patrick Burger or Unique Fused Glass!


What is your business name?  Unique Fused Glass by Patrick Burger

What sort of items do you make?  Primarily kiln formed colorful jewelry


When and how did you learn your craft? I began 35 years ago as a stained glass artisan switched to fusing in 1986.

Where do you get your inspiration from?  I love to design and mix colors. Inspiration comes easily and from my own experimentation.




How did you get started doing this as a business? Soon after I learned the art of stained glass, people noticed how unique my work was and wanted to own pieces I had made. The fused glass jewelry items I make are all original designs and are desirable because they're so different from mass produced retail store products.



Do you have any advice for other crafters/artisans just starting out? Learn to trust your instincts and avoid copying other artists' style. You will establish your own following and clientele which is very satisfying.




Unique Fused Glass will be a featured artist at the First Friday Indie Market on November 7, 2014. The market is located on the corner of MLK and Elm St in Downtown Greensboro, NC and is open from 4-9 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment