Monday, November 25, 2013

Meet Feature Artist Shann Bryne of Gourdgeous Design


What is your business’ name? 
Gourdgeous Design is my business. I am Shann Byrne.
 
What sort of items do you make? 
I use a lot of natural elements in my art, such as gourds and wood. Most items are dimensional. 


When and how did you learn your craft?
I have been an artist for a very long time. I teach graphic design full time. I have been creating art outside of work since as long as I can remember. I am a process artist and love learning new techniques.

Where do you get your inspiration from? 
EVERYTHING. I travel and am inspired by cultures and languages.

How did you get started doing this as a business? 
I feel into it. I created but then people wanted to buy some so I created more and more.

Do you have any advice for other crafters/artisans just starting out? 
Get involved with local artist groups, vending and Etsy.

Anything else you would like to share? 
Because I am a process artist, my product and medium changes throughout the years. It is fun to see how my skills and styles are influenced by my life. 

Gourdgeous Design will be a featured artist at the First Friday Indie Market on December 6, 2013.  The market is located on the corner of MKL and Elm St in Downtown Greensboro, NC and is open from 4-9pm. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment