Monday, November 25, 2013

Meet Featured Artist Jenny Joyce of Jenny’s Creative Inspirations






What is your business’ name? 

Jenny’s Creative Inspirations and I am Jenny Joyce!   

What sort of items do you make

I create jewelry, and finger knitted scarves.  I use a variety of different materials, to create my “wearable art”, such as, paper, wood, rocks (from the shores of Lake Michigan), washers, thread, beads, polymer clay, and fabric. 


When and how did you learn your craft?

My craft has evolved over time and is self-taught by trial and error.  


 Where do you get your inspiration from?


I get my inspiration from anything and everything.  I love to look at everyday things and imagine what they could be.  I remember spending time in The Museum of Modern Art in New York, and being enamored by a chair made out of shoes, a picture made from different colored spools of thread, and a statue created from plastic spoons.

  
How did you get started doing this as a business?


I decided to start selling my creations when a friend, who had received some earrings from me as a gift, asked me to participate in a craft show.  


Do you have any advice for other crafters/artisans just starting out?  

My advice to any crafters/artisans out there would be to follow your dreams, never give up, and count the blessings in everyday! 



Jenny’s Creative Inspirations will be a featured artist at the First Friday Indie Market on December 6, 2013.  The market is located on the corner of MKL and Elm St in Downtown Greensboro, NC and is open from 4-9pm. 








No comments:

Post a Comment